The College follows the Australian Curriculum in both standards and content. Students study an increasingly wide curriculum from Kindergarten to Year 12, reflecting their developing maturity needs and aspirations and to take advantage of extensive College facilities. The Australian Curriculum is made up of the Learning Areas:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Languages (LOTE)
- Technology and Enterprise (Business Studies, Home Economics, Farm and Design and Technology)
- The Arts (Media and Visual Arts)
Mount Barker Community College offers a range of programs to cater for students with special talents, interests, abilities and needs. Special programs which support these students are:
- Farm – The College runs a fully operational 235 hectare farm with high quality facilities. Students study enterprise-based courses which focus on a wide range of established and emerging agricultural enterprises including aquaculture, viticulture and horticultural studies.
- Music – Students are able to develop their musical interest throughout Years 8-12 in the Instrumental Music Program. They have the opportunity to join the College Band and Woodwind Ensemble.
- Academic extension programs such as Writer’s Workshops, Computer Programming, Advanced Art and Science Extension
- Education Support (ESU)
- Students at Educational Risk
- Community Service
- Youth Empowerment Program