Secondary Assistance Scheme
The Government provides an allowance to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs. Parents or legal guardians who hold one of the following cards are entitled to this allowance.
- Centrelink Family Health Care Card
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
Applications must be completed during Term 1 of each year. Late applications cannot be considered. (Forms are available from the front office).
The Secondary Assistance Scheme Allowance consists of two components for Years 7 -12
- $115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the parent/guardian or the college.
- $235 Educational Program Allowance paid directly to the college.
The allowance is paid up to and including the year the student turns 17 years of age.
Parent/guardian must be the holder of a card that is valid in first term. Claims cannot be made using a student’s Centrelink card, as this is not a statement of income for the family.