Duke of Edinburgh
Next year MBCC will be offering students the opportunity of completing the Duke of Edinburgh Award and varying levels depending on the students’ age. The Award is the world’s leading achievement award for young people. Bringing together practical experiences and life skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life.
Through participating in the Award, young people:
- Learn to equip and empower themselves to achieve their personal best
- Increase their confidence, decision making skills and leadership ability
- Learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices
- Improve their health, physical and mental well-being
- Make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement with their peers and community
Participants are encouraged to set multiple goals and work towards them over a set period of time with the help of an Award Leader. The Award culminates in an Adventurous Journey set to provide a challenging and rewarding experience for themselves and their peers also involved. In joining the Award students will be connected to over 8 million others from around the world also having completed or are in the process of completing the Award.
The Award offers many unique benefits as it is an endorsed program of SCSA and may be counted towards the students WACE. It is also recognised by employers and valued when applying for jobs, scholarships and university entry.
To find out more information about the Award visit www.dukeofedwa.org.au.
Listen out for more information if this is something you or your child expresses any interest in. You can also contact Asa Bjork-Henderson by email Asa.Bjork-Henderson@education.wa.edu.au at the school to ask any clarifying questions.