The Principal of an Independent Public School establishes a Board whose elected members work with them and the community to achieve the best outcomes for students. Establishing the Board of an Independent Public School is an opportunity to attract a broad cross-section of people with a range of experiences and expertise. Strong community and industry representation ensures that they can make a significant contribution to the development of the college.
The Mount Barker Community College Board sets the strategic direction for the College. It is the peak decision making body receiving and ratifying policies and procedures. The Board has a majority of parent and community members supported by staff and student representatives. Meetings are held twice per term. Selection of parent and co-opted members occurs every two years with the possibility of re-nomination.
- Supports the continuous development of the College and its policies and priorities.
- Reviews student performance data – academic, behavioural, attendance and progress towards achieving priorities and agreed targets
- Endorses the level of Voluntary Contributions and Compulsory Charges.
- Endorses the code of conduct for students at the College.
- Determines the daily uniform code for students and for when they are attending special programs or representing the College.
- Endorses the College Plan, Budget and Report each year.
Amanda Baxter (Chairperson)
Principal (Ex Officio)
Manager Corporate Services (Ex Officio)
Co-opted Member (Ex Officio)
Chris Pavlovich (Plantagenet Shire Council)